Brush not following mouse

I have imported 4k 60fps footage into Cinemagraph PRO on my Mac (High Sierra). When I try to brush out the animation the brush is not following my mouse at all, this seems very buggy.

I’m thinking about purchasing the app for iOS and MacOS but I don’t think I will if this can’t be sorted out.

Any ideas?

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear about the issue you’re experiencing! You may be experiencing performance issues if you are working on an older Mac. Please confirm that your device meets our system requirements:

macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K), Metal-capable graphics card (Macs from 2012 or later), 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K), 1GB of disk space.

Thanks,
-Nick

I am also having icloud this same issue on my late 2015 macbook running gimp on macOS high sierra. Need help.

Also having this issue, on a 2017 Macbook Pro that exceeds minimum requirements for Flixel. This bug renders the software nearly useless and I’m a bit shocked to find that this issue still has not been resolved or followed up on at all.

@nick – Have you had a chance to find/troubleshoot an answer for those of us that meet the software requirements? Could you please weigh in with a solution?

Thanks.

Hi @aprotzman, thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately the previous user experiencing this issue never got back to us regarding their system specs or additional details, so we weren’t able to continue troubleshooting the issue.

If you haven’t already done so, please ensure that you are running the newest macOS (10.14) and Cinemagraph Pro version (2.6.1)

Are you experiencing input lag, or a displacement of the brush masking from your mouse input location?
Is this happening with all documents or just one in particular?
Are you working with any imported still images?

Lag can occur if you have several other apps open that are straining your devices resources. Closing any unused apps may resolve that issue.

If the brush is displaced from your mouse input it may be caused by a still image’s dimensions not matching your video. In that case, try cropping your video or still image to match the other.

If either of these solutions does not help please list the exact steps you have taken, including when the issue occurs.

I will email you a Dropbox link to upload a sample for us to review. Please include your original source video, editable cinemagraph document file (zipped) and a screenshot of your system overview (Apple Menu>About this Mac)

Thanks!
-Nick