Creating Fire Cinemagraph with Science Experiment

Hello everyone! This is Jimmy @ohjimmyfilms

Welcome to the Flixel forums! Flixel has created this platform where creators of all skill levels can come together to ask questions and engage in meaningful discussions about cinemagraphs. In this post, I’ll be showing you how I created this cinemagraph below.

Have you ever made a cinemagraph with fire before? Have you ever wanted to take it to another level? Here’s how I did it with this crazy science experiment.

No! this is not CGI. :slight_smile:

Here’s a list of items you will need to create this effect

1. Dish soap
  2. Butane - you can usually find it in Walgreens, Walmart, and of course Amazon
  3. A container to hold water
  4. A lighter

Do this at your own risk. Please proceed with caution. Preferably under the watchful eyes of a friend or legal guardian.

First, fill up the container with water and dish soap. Then, mix them evenly. After, insert butane gas into the liquid (this will create bubbles on top of the mixture). Scoop up the bubbles with your hand and light them on fire. Tho the fire will burn only for one second, I recommend wetting your hand with water before for protection.

Here’s an in-depth video by ‘CrazyRussianHacker’ on YouTube:

Have fun, and remember safety is the top priority.

Let me know if you have any questions in the comment below. Don’t forget to share your dope fire cinemagraph!

Cheers,
Jimmy

I always wondered how you created that fire cinemagraph!! Really cool stuff. @jimmycheung :grinning:

Aha this is wild! I was curious about how you made this happen as well. Nice tip!!

Try it out and take some BTS videos!! @cassandraking @mehekseyid

That is really cool. Sort of scared to try this but I sort of want to try this was well.

Awesome bts info here jimmy! I was looking at the hand and wondered if you did some crazy good masking but you actually shot this in camera! Respect!